Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg
- Atenolol, often sold as Tenormin, is a beta-blocking medicine that acts on the heart and blood circulation system.
- This medication is used to relieve chest pain or angina and lower high blood pressure, which or hypertension.
- People Buy Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg online to reduces the risk of death after a heart attack in the consumers.
About Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg
WHAT IS ATENOLOL?
Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg commonly known as Tenormin, is a beta1-selective adrenoreceptor blocking agent, which works particularly in the heart, or the cardio-vascular system to relieve hypertension. Though it falls in the same class of drugs as metoprolol, it has dissimilar effects on the blood vessels. Atenolol is a synthetic medication, which reduces heart rate, cardiac output, blood pressure, and reflex orthostatic tachycardia.
Atenolol acts selectively are metabolized by the liver differently and are less bound to proteins in the plasma than propranolol and carvedilol, which fall in the same class.
HOW TO TAKE ATENOLOL?
Atenolol is usually taken in from the mouth and is normally supplied as a tablet. Oral solutions are convenient for people who cannot take this medicine in its tablet form due to several personal reasons.
Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg should be taken with water. It does not really matter whether you have it with or without food. Manufacturers often advise against having the tablets along with wine or alcohol. In fact, they stress avoiding alcohol during the medication period as it increases blood pressure.
Doses must be taken at the same time every day or at regular intervals. Though there is no fixed time for having the medicine, it is better to discuss with your doctor whether to have it in the morning or at night. If you have it in the morning, the medication tends to be effective as the blood pressure is higher during the day. Still, you would probably experience dizziness or lightheadedness, which can interrupt your work. This will be avoided if you take medicine at night.
Never try to make up for a mixed dosage by having twice the prescribed amount to make up for it. Having forgotten to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember, but skip it if it is more than a day, and take the next dose as normal.
SHOULD I TAKE ATENOLOL?
An atenolol dosage of 50mg is not the perfect medicine for everyone, and your doctor would have to think about and analyze your condition before prescribing it. Several cases make you a bad fit to be an atenolol consumer, such as:
- Allergic reactions to atenolol
- Heart conditions affecting the working of the heart, or if you already have a slow heart rate
- Having low blood pressure and uncontrolled heart failure
- Having blood circulation problems that tend to result in pale and tingly fingers and toes
- Suffer from increased blood acidity or untreated pheochromocytoma.
- Have breathing problems like asthma or narrowed airways or obstructions in the passage, causing difficulty in breathing
- Have been treated with intravenous verapamil or diltiazem in the near past.
Besides, you should always let your doctor know if you have problems while you take the medicines. Let your doctor know if you start suffering from blood circulation problems, which can cause pale skin and painful cramps (intermittent claudication).
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS OF ATENOLOL
The common side effects of Atenolol tablets IP 50mg include the following:
- Cold hands and feet– Atenolol consumers may suffer from cold hands and feet, and it is quite common (12 in 100 people may suffer from this). In case this happens to you, you should contact your doctor soon.
- Having a slow heartbeat after having atenolol is a fairly common side effect (3 in 100 people can suffer from it). The symptoms are feeling weak, dizzy, and tired. You should communicate with your doctor in case you feel your heartbeat has slowed down.
- Diarrhoea and nausea– Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg may leave you with nausea or diarrhoea. It can be seen in about 2 to 4 people among 100.
- Aching muscles– Your muscles might experience pain and aches after consuming atenolol. It has been seen that less than 10 per cent of consumers suffer from it. Mostly, pain is observed in the legs.
- Orthostatic hypotension– Atenolol can cause you to feel dizzy and tired of standing up. It is seen in about 2 to 4 people out of 100. In case you feel you are about to faint, you should contact your doctor immediately, take care while standing, climbing stairs, and be extremely cautious while driving and using heavy machinery.
WHERE TO BUY IT?
You can Buy Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg online as prescription medicine, and you would need a valid prescription from a licensed doctor or a practice to obtain tablets from a pharmacy. You can also Buy Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg online from licensed online medicine dealers by providing them with a scanned copy of your prescription. The tablets are not very expensive; Atenolol is not a brand, so you may find the same being sold by various sellers or brands.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
It is necessary to follow proper storage regulations for storing medicine to prevent degradation in quality and prevent it from coming in contact with moisture and air. Please keep it in the initial container, tightly closed and out of children’s reach. Atenolol Tablets IP 50 mg to be stored at room temperature, away from excess heat and moisture, to preserve quality and efficiency.
It is of utmost importance to keep the medication out of sight and reach for children as the packing may not be child-resistant. They can easily open and consume the medicines without knowing and suffer. To prevent young children from coming in contact with it, use safety locks, and keep it in a safe location, away from their sight.
Leftover and extra medication should be disposed of properly not to be consumed by pets, children, or others. The best way is to make use of the medicine take-back program. It is always better to buy only for the prescribed number of doses, to prevent extra or left-overs.
12 Strips, 4 Strips, 6 Strips
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.